"Red" (Throwback Thursday) | 31 Days of Growing Up

Originally posted 2013 (in participation with Five Minute Friday—writing for five minutes on the prompt of the week, without going back to revise)

start ~

It was my first bike, hidden in the neighbor's garage until my fifth birthday and a surprised squeal.

I learned to peddle on that bright red, banana seat bike.

There were streamers on the handlebars and beads on the wheel spokes, dropping with gravity at every rotation of tires and passing of time.

I went far on that bike, up and down the roads drawn with chalk on the driveway, in and out of the Oaks in the front yard, late into the evening.

I rode that bike till the brakes stopped working and even then I kept right on peddling.

stop

{Nothing profound or poetic on this prompt today. :) Just simple memories that come to mind of times gone by, and thankfulness for those growing up years, and realization yet again of how incredibly blessed I am with the family God placed me in.}

No comments :

Post a Comment