Fly {or, When Your Heart Is Heavy}

start ~

I wish I could say my heart soared this week, that it was light as a feather, flying high, full of joy. But different things weighed it down: thoughts, circumstances, questions, concerns, and not all me related.

A heavy heart isn't easy to hold.

I grapple with the heaviness of the heart, wondering how to fight for joy, wondering how to be and stay filled with His joy at times when I feel anything but joy-full.

But God. {I love it, don't you?} There is always God, our sustainer, our upholder.

Even to your old age and gray hairs
   I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
   I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
      ~ Isaiah 46:4 [emphasis mine]

God will carry you through this life, even when it seems circumstances are trying to besiege your joy.

He's got this, even when you don't get it.

And God will give you joy, because He is the source of joy.

"I [Christ] have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete."
      ~ John 15:11

stop



[Linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday]

6 comments :

  1. I so identified with your words today. When I say the FMF prompt my thoughts went in the same directions - how to fly when your heart is heavy and weighed down. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and Isaiah 46. My first thought of scripture was on the Eagles Soaring verse (I'm not great at quoting scripture really), so I'm glad to have another scripture verse to go to.

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend and a blessed Thanksgiving week! ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. Let the truth of the Word sink deep into your heart today. {Isaiah 40:31} Happy and blessed Thanksgiving week to you as well!

      Delete
  2. Such a perfect post just for me today. Thank you for sharing it. Hugs from FMF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so encouraging to hear. Thank you for coming by and reading today.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kelly! This is such a lovely post. I have been grappling with this a lot lately. How to look forward with joy knowing that God will always have me. Not just thanking Him when I can understand after life has happened but looking forward with joy because I know He will have me, too. Thanks so much for sharing your heart. This was lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Learning to look forward with joy right along with you, Sarah. Glad you stopped by!

      Delete