Write {or, Your Story Is Always Worth Telling}

start ~

I struggle, sometimes, with what to write, what to say or not say, how much to tell anonymous, and whether it sounds good.

I read others' words, skim through blog posts of beautiful poetry with distinct voice and raw prose with beautiful metaphoric conclusions, and I see crisp photos and informal Instagram pictures and creative Pinterest ideas and the number of followers.

I wonder, why do I write when words of mine seem plain and sometimes inconclusive and sometimes just words?

But the thing is, your story is always worth telling because it is part of God's story. Our words, our homes, our love, our laughter, our lives . . . all of it is part of His story.

There will always be the temptation to want my words to sound like someone else or want my life to look more like the photographs and pins, but there is so much joy and contentment in choosing to live the gift of the Life given to me, specifically.

"Be careful not to turn others' lives into the mold for your own. We have a God who is a creator not a duplicator."
      ~ Francis Chan

The God who created me is also orchestrating this life of mine and has me exactly where I'm supposed to be, and it is worth writing. Always.

stop


[Linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday]

6 comments :

  1. Writers understand this struggle you describe. I totally get it and you should know that you are not alone. And if you believe that all words matter, then you will believe that no matter how fancy or "well-said" yours are that they have a point and a purpose. The readers who need to hear what you have to say will be provided and all you have to do is keep at it.

    Christy @ A Heartening Life
    www.ahearteninglife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christy, thank you for your thoughtful words. It is always good to be reminded I'm not alone. :)

      Delete
  2. Yes Kelly! You are so right. Thanks for writing this, it was refreshing. And I see our storytelling hearts are similar. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by, Michaela. Thanks for reading and your kind words.

      Delete
  3. For sure, Kelly ...it's so easy to compare ourselves with others ... they always seem like they're IN, or so pulled together, or have it made. Truth is, we're just called to be faithful, to write/live for an audience of One.

    I've enjoyed meeting a kindred spirit today ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda, for your encouragement, and this: "we're just called to be faithful". Yes, learning to remember!

      Delete