Ordinary {or, What God Is Not}

start ~

There have been a lot of things going through my mind, and heart, this week.

I've felt ache, and insecurity, and tension. I've been unfocused, uncertain, questioning. I don't have it all together and sometimes feel like I'm unraveling more than I ought to be. Sometimes I react disproportionately; I think about myself too frequently; I say one thing and do another. I don't know what will happen tomorrow, and I don't have life figured out.

And I am so glad my God is not just a bigger me.

God is incomparable, because He is completely different than His creation. There will always be mysteries of an infinite God that our finite minds cannot fathom. And He is omniscient, brilliant, and actually does know everything.

I am so glad as the heavens are higher than the earth, His ways are higher than my ways, and His thoughts than my thoughts {Is. 55:9}.

When all I feel is ordinary, He can be to me who He really is: extraordinary.

stop


[Linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday]

9 comments :

  1. Hi Kelly,

    I'm new to Five Minute Friday and I'm enjoying it so much! You've opened a window into your heart and it's warm and beautiful inside. It takes a lot of courage to be vulnerable online, and it's like I can see your confidence that our Extraordinary God can make something beautiful, even when you look in the mirror and notice all the imperfections.

    I don't know how He does it, except that there is so much more to Love than I've yet encountered... that He can see something beautiful in us when all we see are the insecurities and imperfections.

    I'm so glad we don't have to depend on ourselves to make everything beautiful... He is all we need! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I can say anything better than this.

      Delete
    2. Susan, welcome to the FMF community, and thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your thoughts. So true: "He can see something beautiful in us when all we see are the insecurities and imperfections."

      Cynthia, glad you dropped by, and thank you. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Kelly,
    Thank you so much for sharing! It is so important to remember who God is, especially when we are discouraged and feel so very inadequate. Thank you for the reminder! I loved your post.

    Have a great week!

    Dawn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Dawn, and remembering Truth with you!

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I felt like you were describing ME at first. I've been feeling the exact. same. way.
    "My God is not just a bigger me." Wow. I love that. And I'm thankful that it's true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is good to know we are not alone, and we can encourage one another with words.

      Delete
  4. I love that too, "My God is not just a bigger me"...Awesome! First time visitor... ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you came by, Nannette, and thank you. We serve a truly awesome King.

      Delete