Laundry

start ~

Lately I've been grappling with my purpose in blogging, and at the same time feeling convicted about how much time I spend reading other blogs. The more I have, the more I've felt that, as I've mentioned, I've been idolizing "famous" bloggers who have known blogs and many readers, and I've been getting caught up in other women's lives and how they can make things seem beautiful with words and some bright photos.

And I've been filling my mind with those words and, while they're not bad but actually God-honoring and insightful, I've been letting those words become ammo the Enemy can use to whisper lies that I'm not good enough and my home isn't pretty enough and I don't do enough and I'm not bored enough with another load of laundry. Because what is not Truth, even if it's true, can always be twisted into lies. 

And even "little" things eventually add up.

"A pail with a pinhole loses as much as the pail pushed right over."
      ~ Ann Voskamp

All those well-intentioned words that I skim over on other blogs? Those words have been taking up more space than the Word, and they have been taking up more time than I spend in the Word.

And there's only one Word that is ultimately important to read.

"The grass withers and the flowers fall,
      but the word of our God endures forever."
      ~ Isaiah 40:8

stop


[Linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday]

3 comments :

  1. Wow. Very true. Very powerful. We put too many other things in front, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything always goes back to God. I'm stopping by through FMF....thanks for the read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah yes, the old idolizing of famous bloggers. I totally hear you and I get it. Thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete