She {or, Sometimes He allows Empty}

start ~

I heard something a few days ago: a sentence, simple words, heard on a five-minute video clip of Jen Hatmaker remembering a time when she felt drained, running on empty, and her upcoming speaking event planner sent an email, in part writing:
"[God] is allowing you to come empty that you may be filled."
And this is replaying in my head, over and over. I'm not really sure why yet.

The last few weeks have brought emotions, thoughts and questions going through my mind, that I wasn't anticipating. I may not be running on empty in the sense of the phrase, but I have felt empty, hollow, without anything routinely filling up the time. And I have wondered what God wants me to be doing right now and how to be intentional when I'm so wrapped up in the idea that a job is a requirement to living intentionally at this point in life.

Maybe there's a deeper reason for this in between. Maybe God wants to teach me Truth and it really takes first coming all the way empty.

An acronym, she: {s}ometimes {H}e allows {e}mpty.

Sometimes God lets us become a desert so He can fill us with Living Water.

stop


[Linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday]

10 comments :

  1. I appreciate your honesty!! It is so hard to be in-between...I've been living there in so many ways these past few years only to realize that is a part of a whole I'm not supposed to let go of until Heaven. {I love ALL of Psalm 37 for waiting} I hope to visit again. I think you are a kindred spirit:}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for mentioning Psalm 37 - such good Truth to take to heart. Stop by again soon. :)

      Delete
  2. I love this take on the prompt! Thank you for sharing and challenging me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So neat to think of sharing and challenging each other through FMF, though we may be in different parts of the world!

      Delete
  3. I am so blessed by your acronym! I will definitely tuck that away! And I know that feeling you describe about feeling hollow without something routinely filling up the time. It is such a challenge to embrace every season, but we can if we embrace Him first. Thank you for sharing your heart...what an encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if I can really "get" this: "we can [embrace every season] if we embrace Him first".

      Delete
  4. You know, we girls that love words just love a good acronym! I enjoyed visiting your site and was blessed by your words. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful entry for FMF writing prompt. To turn "she" into an acronym was brilliant and it has such a profound meaning (to my life also). Thank you for sharing your heart today :)
    http://vintagehousewife.org/2013/09/20/five-minute-friday-she/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It warms my heart to hear of God using my words to mean something to others, too.

      Delete