Perseverance

God has blessed me so much, and I have so much to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for my job, even though work is something I've been learning to accept, be at peace about, and enjoy.

I don't have the type of job I'd prefer, and, as a college graduate, it's not easy listening to my husband try to explain the company he works for and what he does and then have to answer the question and where do you work? It dents my pride.

No, I don't want to have a job "equal" to my husband's, nor do I want to work full-time; I'm blessed to be wife to someone who wants to be the provider, work the long hours, so I don't ever have to work to make ends meet. But for the time being, a job keeps me busy, and I do have a good job with a manager who gives me the schedule I requested, yet it is just a "little" job, a kid's job.

It's been a matter of prayer lately to be able to just be okay with where I work. And God really helped me "get over" my over-concern about what others thought and assumed, and not feel ashamed to have the job He has given me.

And then Monday came, and I woke up more tired than usual, and I had to work a different position than usual and made some careless mistakes and felt everyone's sighs, and the day seemed to drag so much more slowly than usual, and then this morning came, and I didn't want to go to work. No matter how thankful I am for a job and how much lately I've been successfully battling discontent and un-acceptance, I just didn't like work and all I wanted was to stay home and hug my someone for a little longer.

But I went to work, and it turned out to be a great day, and people even wished me happy birthday when I mentioned it.

Sometimes perseverance means just knowing God will walk out the door with you when you leave the safety of home.

No comments :

Post a Comment