Listen

start ~

My husband tells me I'm beautiful, all the time.

But I've realized that while I know he means it, I don't usually believe him.

Maybe it's part of the "mystery" of the female sex, this concern with looks and image and struggle with beauty.

I've realized, too, that it would mean the world to him if I did believe him, believed that I am beautiful.

I don't really have major issues with myself, but many times I don't feel beautiful because I know beauty is inside-out.

What If I chose to listen.

And what if I listened to what God says of His children . . . that we are loved, secure, and valued.

stop

2 comments :

  1. Hi Kelly. I'm your FMF neighbor. First, I love the title of your blog and its inspiration. I also really enjoyed the beauty with which you approached the word Listen today. You seem to have a quiet and beautiful writing style, one that attracts me to listen to the words and the quiet spaces in between. Thank you for sharing.~Cassy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete