{In} Between

start ~

"What you do when you're bored says a lot about your spiritual life."
      ~ Paul Patton

This morning I read this quote from a professor at SAU where I attended for a whim of a semester, and it has been stuck in my head ever since.

What do I spend time doing when I'm finished with things around the house, or when it's raining outside, or when my hubby's working on a project on the weekend?

What do all the in between moments say about my priorities?

It's not a trick question. And I know the answer isn't what it should be.

I have a feeling I'm not alone when I say that, beyond morning devotions, reading the Bible (etc.) isn't always the first thing I think to do, even though I know deep down that it at least should be around the top of the list for time "fillers", or what-to-do-when-you-usually-just-open-up-your-computer.

I want this quote to keep searing my mind, pricking my heart . . .

I want to want to live out the truth that nothing compares to "the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord" {Phil. 3:8}.

stop

[Linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday]

5 comments :

  1. Oh Kelly, I struggle with filling those in between moments with things that don't matter! I love this encouragement today! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what I do... and the Lord has even been, ever so gently, placing this very question upon my heart. The Spirit is willing but the Flesh is week. Oh how I need Him to help my choose the better in those moments. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Stopping by from Five Minute Friday!

    Thank you for this reminder! For me it's hard to set my priorities right especially in the summertime!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly! I am visiting from FMF.

    I like the idea of examining the free time...how I use my in-between moments. That is a great take on the theme for today. Didn't think of that!

    Thank you, and have a great weekend. Nice to 'meet' you1

    Peace in Christ,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I need to have that quote come to my own mind ... I know my answer is not what it should be either. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete