Fall

start ~

This is the time of year of graduations and open houses.

My husband and I each have a younger brother graduating from high school, and several weeks ago we went to my brother-in-law's open house.

On the big layer cake was the reference for this verse:

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord,
And He delights in his way.
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
For the Lord upholds him with His hand.
      ~ Psalm 37:23, 24

I have been thinking off and on about this verse since we looked it up on someone's phone that day.

It is hard for me to imagine the almighty Creator God delighting in me. But the precedent, what comes first, is goodness.

Obedience.

And next, allowing Him to order my steps, to be in control of my life, to lead and I follow.

Trust.

If we do, though we will face trials of many kinds, we will be upheld, safe in His hand.

There is such a battle raging, trying to trip me, make me doubt, worry, stumble. I sometimes fail to keep fighting, to keep moving forward, to have faith. But God is always drawing me back, picking me up, giving me new strength, and new mercy every morning.

Though I fall, He keeps holding out His hand.

He never lets me fall away. I am never lost to Him.

No matter where we are in life, whether graduating high school or newly married or watching kids grow up and head to college, God is with us and has gone before us.

He will lead. Delight. Uphold.

stop

1 comment :

  1. Thank you. I don't have the words to tell you how badly I needed that verse in my life right now.

    ReplyDelete