Cherished

start ~

On a random blog, I came across a quote:
"If you want something to last forever, you treat it differently.
You shield it and protect it.
You never abuse it.
You don't expose it to the elements.
You don't make it common or ordinary.
If it ever becomes tarnished, you lovingly polish it until it gleams like new.
It becomes special because you have made it so,
and it grows more beautiful and precious as time goes by."
      ~ F. Burton Howard

And reading this made me think, in wonderment as I always do:

I am cherished by a man.

He thinks I'm beautiful.

He prefers me. He chose me over every other girl in the world, and he chooses me every day and tells me that as we're drifting asleep at night.

He protects me, and our marriage. He knows marriage is special, and sacred, and forever.

He knows me and loves me in a way that makes me better understand how I am perfectly known, loved, and cherished by Creator God.

stop

5 comments :

  1. This is wonderful Kelly and really encouraged me this morning. I too wrote about how women long to be cherished! Lovely words about your relationship with God and your marriage. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and so very true. I believe all women long to be cherished - it's how God created us that very first time in the Garden. He gives us natural examples in life to show us how He longs to be with us. Love this. Here from FMF. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written. My post is similar. Great word today. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Short but oh so very sweet! Wonderful to come across a post about a loving relationship where all over the world relationships are not valued! We are blessed! Patsy

    ReplyDelete