Sift

Christmas day.

Peaceful. Quiet. Just me and him and the hum of the refrigerator.

Blessed with gifts from family, yet silently missing the chaos.

Adaptation, sometimes not as completely as presumed. A tinge of homesick.

Different.

What is this new normal? Wife, beloved, lover. Homemaker, cook, laundress, dishwasher. College grad. Employee, job seeker. New church attendee.

The new is good, but now and then I still miss the old at the same time. There's a part of me that half-wishes I didn't have to grow up. And when I do, it feels wrong, in a way selfish, as if I didn't appreciate the blessings of now and this new life, and new home, that my husband and I are making. I do appreciate all of it, everything. I love it.

Sometimes it just takes more time than you think to become who you are, and to find the line between all the memories of your previous life, and still being from that family, and the new, grown-up, married life, and all that the future holds, and being his.

{I appreciate someone's understanding, and intuition, knowing when a hug is better than questions or trying to comfort.}

Time will ease the different. Already, a few days have passed, and brought reminders of all the good and blessed new. Life will go on, and become more and more the norm.

Through changes, feelings, and everything new, the difficult will be sifted out and Truth remain.
The Lord will keep you from all harm-- he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
      ~ Psalm 121:7-8

No comments :

Post a Comment