Stay

start ~

I have been ghosting Angie Smith's blog lately and reading about her trip to Peru through Compassion International. I appreciate her raw, honest words. I have never seen third-world poverty, but reading and seeing pictures reminded me of the college missions trip to the U.P. that I was part of, part of which involved running a kids soccer camp in a small "town" that was one of the poorest-looking places I've ever spent time at.

All this to say, though it is heartbreaking to glimpse the conditions some people live in, there is also a part of that that is in a way beneficial, because it so clearly forces us to recognize and appreciate all that we have.

I am reminded that I am crazily blessed to have such a beautiful place to stay . . . this new home of ours, with heat and a warm bed to sleep in at night and running water and hot showers and a dishwasher and a washing machine and carpeted floors.

It seems a lot of things lately are prompting a new and improved spirit of thankfulness, and what a timely conviction to always remember Who we are thankful to and Who is the giver of every good and perfect gift.

stop

1 comment :

  1. I have been following along with the Compassion bloggers in Peru as well and it is challenging to see the poverty that they are witnessing first hand. It has brought to mind my first mission trips to inner-cities in college and reminded me to be thankful for what I have as well.

    ReplyDelete