Look

start ~

Last Sunday we visited another church near where we'll be moving in a couple weeks. The special music was a song {see below} I hadn't heard before, but ever since, the chorus has been playing through my mind over and over. It isn't a long or "impressive" song, but its lyrics are just some of those simple yet profound words that don't fade easily from the mind.

Somehow Truth is always like that: it's never something we can't understand, and sometimes it's actually really simple, but it is always profound in a way that is everything but in-one-ear-out-the-other.

And this song reminds me of "doubting" Thomas, who had to look at the "nail-scarred hands" before believing, and this reminds me of the amazing words of Christ:
Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
      ~ John 20:29

stop

When I think of all my faults and my failures,
When I consider all the times I've let God down,
I am humbled by the grace He has extended.
I'm amazed at the mercy I have found.
I could never earn His love on my own,
But every time I come before His throne...

I stand redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.
I stand redeemed before the great I AM.
When He looks at me,
He sees the nail-scarred hands that bought my liberty.
I stand redeemed.

Even at my best, I am unworthy.
I have nothing precious I can give.
A broken life is all I have to offer,
And yet, it is a priceless gift to Him.
That bitter mark of sin will never fade away,
But I can come before Him unashamed...

[Chorus]
      ~ Legacy Five, "I Stand Redeemed"

3 comments :

  1. Kelly, thanks for sharing! That is incredible that as He looks at me, He sees those nail-scarred hands.

    Good luck on your move and finding a home church.

    Many blessings,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Truth is often so simple and profound at the same time. Thank you for sharing these thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete