Grasp

start ~

I wish I could grasp God.

If only I could wrap my mind around what leaves it so baffled in its finiteness. If only I could comprehend who He is and how awesome in every perfect sense of the word. If only I could get that He truly is always present, that He is peace, that He is faithful and the giver of every good and perfect gift. If only I could understand that He is holy, sinless, and just, yet at the same time He is love.

I think it might change how I think, and how I act.

I think it might change my response to His commands to trust and obey.

If I wasn't grasping at straws, in a way, to figure out this infinite, eternal Being so much greater than myself, how would it make a difference . . .

But then, that would mean He was no longer Creator and me, the creation.

And that is the design.

We were not made to grasp everything, especially God.

stop

Holy, holy, holy! Though the darkness hide Thee,
though the eye of sinful man Thy glory may not see.
Only Thou art holy, there is none beside Thee;
perfect in power, in love and purity.
      ~ Reginald Heber, "Holy, Holy, Holy" (verse 3)

3 comments :

  1. Love this, Kelly! I am often trying to "grasp God" as well. You're so right -- being "small" in comparison to His greatness is actually a good thing. Thanks for helping me to see this very real truth! Keep writing for Him!

    ReplyDelete