Forget

I still remember where I was when I first heard about "9/11".

And I remember not knowing what "hijacked" means, and pretending I did . . . mirroring the shock I saw in faces.

I was so young, I only vaguely understood what happened, and the implications.

Was it really eleven years ago?

I rarely think of it anymore.

And I consider: A tragedy is not itself the worst thing that can happen, but forgetting a tragedy is.

Somehow this country is still free, but have people forgotten tragedies, not only those that directly affected us but also events throughout history, that have been the result of tyrannical government and cruel dictators whose power went unchecked?

Remember history.

Remember sacrifice, for the stars and stripes.

Freedom is more important than a free lunch.

No comments :

Post a Comment