1000

It began almost one year ago, mid-August.

I read a book.

It talked about thankfulness and God's grace and everyday joy, and implied a challenge to make it real and personal by recording a list of His gifts big and small, specifically one thousand of them. And so it began, and I started counting grace and simple joys, one by one.

This life of intentional thankfulness was {and is} powerful. Joy really is, in part, a byproduct of a thankful heart. And present-tense joy is almost tangible, it is so bubbling-up-inside-to-overflowing.

Today I counted my 1000th gift. It is an "accomplishment" because I met the challenge, yes, but it is more. It is a glimpse of God's goodness and grace . . . and noticing, and being taken by surprise by the gifts.
This writing it down--it is sort of like unwrapping love.
      ~ Ann Voskamp, "One Thousand Gifts"

No comments :

Post a Comment