Wealth

Some people are so poor all they have is money.

I read this quote today and was reminded, yet again, of how rich I am . . . how many blessings God has given me throughout my life, many that I enjoy now, and many people who I know today.

Big things, like a mom and dad who are still married and still in love, growing up in a big family, being a homeschooler, always having food on the table and more in the pantry, a college education, and, most importantly, raised in a Christian home and learning by example and eventually personally what it means to follow Christ.

And little things, like the beauty of Lake Michigan, and thunderstorms, and walks, and good health and being able to run, and slow internet that forces you to choose something else to do instead, and porch swings.

And new blessings that surprise me and humble me, like meeting a man and watching God work in two lives as friendship blossoms into love and two hearts become one seeking Him together, and planning a wedding day and a married life.
Every good gift and perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation of shadow of turning.
      ~ James 1:17

No comments :

Post a Comment