Respite

I still have studying. I still have tests. I still have papers.

But it is Hilton Head Island, South Carolina

(spring break for everyone else, anyway)

and 80s and sunny and warm breezes and green

and alligators and ridiculously-loud frogs that sound like banjos in the backyard pond

and going for early morning runs in tank tops and shorts

and laying in the sun

and biking along paths beside palm trees and other trees hung with Spanish moss

and feeling hot sand underfoot and cold salt water splashing ankles

and kayaking in the ocean and seeing dolphins yards away and . . .

yes, random jellyfish.

Sometimes change is better than a rest.

I am thankful for diligence, and productivity. One of my classes ends this week, too . . . and only four more weeks until the end of the semester . . . that's exciting, and a little ridiculous.

I am thankful for respite in change, and in the unchangeable.

I am thankful for my family . . . this last "official" family vacation, albeit with a hint of bittersweet . . . time together with all of them, even an eighteen-hour, packed-to-the-brim car ride . . . camaraderie, friendship, and memories made.

I am thankful for my best friend . . . missing him like crazy, yes, but loving him like crazy still . . . certain beyond a doubt he'll never stop loving me, and he'll always be there.

I am thankful thankful thankful for (and to) the God who cares and loves and from whom all blessings flow . . . especially in this Easter season, never forgetting the Gospel, God's initiative to rescue and redeem . . . hallelujah, what a Savior.

No comments :

Post a Comment