Unshakeable

Life never sleeps.

I'm beginning to understand the constant unendedness (and yes, I'm making that a word, whether or not the dictionary recognizes it). It doesn't take me by surprise like it used to. I can have a really positive week, full of productivity and learning and encouragement and blessings and recognizing it all, and then be hit with something out of the blue, something crushing, heart-jerking, and it sometimes no longer leaves me stunned and sputtering "but . . ." (or not so much).

The more I grasp how great God is, the more easily I default to resting. There is calm in Truth, safety in the knowledge that He is good, powerful and immovable. It's still not the natural default, not all the time, not by any stretch of the imagination, but it's there, this understanding of my position in Christ and this fullness of joy and peace, more now than it ever was.
And if our God is for us,
then who could ever stop us?
And if our God is with us,
then what could stand against?
      ~ Chris Tomlin, "Our God"

No comments :

Post a Comment