(More) Ceaseless

Prayer is important.

So is the why.

A few weeks ago in my Sunday school doctrines class, we studied John MacArthur's "Ten Motives for Ceaseless Prayer":
  1. Desire for the Lord's glory
  2. Desire for fellowship with God
  3. Desire for needs to be met
  4. Desire for wisdom
  5. Desire for deliverance from trouble
  6. Desire for relief from fear and worry
  7. Desire to offer thanks for past blessing
  8. Desire to be freed from the guilt of sin
  9. Desire for the salvation of the lost
  10. Desire for the spiritual growth of believers

I run across a lot of paradoxes: the simplest ideas are still the most complex (prayer, for instance).

And then, sometimes, I stumble upon things that I can really appreciate because they clarify (this list, for instance).

1 comment :

  1. Karen PlayfordFebruary 11, 2012

    Good reminder! I so much want people to see God the way I see Him now. It's so frustrating when they don't, but I need to let God change them into His image the way He is patiently doing the same with me. Hopefully and prayerfully I will be one who others want to emulate. I love your heart for God and your blog :) Kyle told me about it several months ago! It's exciting to see what God is doing in your life. God bless you richly!

    ReplyDelete