Laugh

One short verse means a lot, and has made (and makes) me think a lot, the last few days:
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.     
      ~ Proverbs 31:25 [emphasis mine]
I'm feeling a little anxious about this spring . . . classes (they start tomorrow) and working about twice as many hours as last fall and continuing to be involved at church and wanting to maintain a God-and-people-are-hands-down-most-important kind of life. And I'm also feeling just a little anxious about this summer. I know God has a plan, and I feel at peace about everything, but I just don't know how things are going to go. It's a strange sort of paradox.

So between these and other life-details that I'm wondering and praying about a lot lately, there is a lot of "the days to come". And I realize, there is a choice in response . . . or, maybe more accurately, anticipation. 

I can fear, or I can laugh.

And if I "laugh at the days to come", it's because I know there's nothing to fear. I do not need to pretend to control an uncontrollable future: my future is secure in the hands of the only One who is in control.

No comments :

Post a Comment