Place

We heard from one of our missionaries at church this past Sunday. On top of his hilarious dry sense of humor, he had a really simple, thoughtful message on 2 Kings 3. One of the things he said really stuck out to me, in reference to:
But Jehoshaphat said, "Is there no prophet of the LORD here, that we may inquire of the LORD by him?" So one of the servants of the king of Israel answered and said, "Elisha the son of Shaphat is here, who poured water on the hands of Elijah."
      ~ 2 Kings 3:11
These verses are a bit strange without any context, but the idea is this: Elisha was in the right place at the right time.

I know many times I've struggled with wanting to fast-forward time, even for as often as I wish time would slow down, ironically. And this can leave me brushing past the place in life where God has me right now.

I have struggled, too, with thinking I should do something differently or live there instead of here, because it would open up more opportunities to witness or be more faith-challenging or whatever the rationale may be.

I forget that when it comes to my life, I'm a follower. And I forget that God is in control, and He doesn't make mistakes. Our situation in life does not somehow limit Him (or His working in and through us), because, in the first place, He is God, and . . . He has us right where He wants us. If we are surrendered to Christ and to God's will, we should never discount where God has placed us as unimportant, because He guides our steps, and our lives.

No comments :

Post a Comment