Strengthened

I know there will be a time when I look back at now, and read what I've written in all its rawness, and wonder at the fragile, innocent worry. I know there will be times when I look back at now, wishing the only thing to panic about was another semester.

But right now, it is the only thing . . . and it's really tough sometimes.

Sure, there are more important things in life (and other things that I think I ought to "be more worried about"), but regardless, there is no discounting the importance of school, or the reality of stress, or the demands of time and energy.

I have to be honest: there's not really any reason I made it through this week other than "His strength is made perfect in weakness" (2 Cor. 12:9).

John Piper writes (on Twitter):
"Be strong in the Lord" means: Act with the confidence that God will keep his promise, "I will strengthen you."
And already the mental panic is subsiding, and the heart weariness is healing.

His strength.

No comments :

Post a Comment