Tomorrow

I trust God for eternity, trust His promise of eternal life by grace through faith for all those who believe in Jesus Christ.

Why then is it so challenging sometimes to trust Him for today, trust Him about the minute details of everyday life, this blink in time?

Creator God holds the universe, the stars, the spinning earth, the oceans, every molecule and atom.

He holds me.

Yes, it's hard when uncertainty creeps in and when I, a control freak, can't quite figure out the future because I'm not omniscient, come to find out, and not informed of every single detail of my own life. But believing the lie that I can't trust Him for tomorrow only leads to unrealistic, unnecessary worry.
"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?"
       ~ Matthew 6:25-27
God holds my life . . . for forever.

And tomorrow.

No comments :

Post a Comment