Follow

I have been thinking and praying a lot about the Brazil missions trip.

From the beginning, but especially this past week, it has been an opportunity I have wrestled with to discern whether or not God wanted me to go. This trip is financially (and otherwise) possible for me, and I know that God would use me and the whole team to be a blessing to the Cooks and their ministry, for His glory, and that it would be a neat experience in general.

Yes, I have always wanted to go on an international missions trip at some point in my life, and yes, I usually am a go-getter when there are opportunities to be involved in ministry.

However, I believe that God makes it clear when He wants us to do something or go somewhere, and while it may not be something we want to do, God doesn't leave any room for doubt that we should. With that said, I have not felt that God is leading me to go to Brazil. Admittedly, there are several side issues/concerns/reasons that have factored into this decision, and it has definitely not been made quickly, or necessarily easily, but it is the result of serious thought, prayer, and conversations, and more than anything a desire to walk in accordance with God's will.

Considering that this decision doesn't leave me feeling undecided, I am taking that as a thumbs-up. :)
All Your ways are good
All Your ways are sure
I will trust in You alone

Higher than my side
High above my life
I will trust in You alone

Where You go, I'll go
Where You stay, I'll stay
When You move, I'll move
I will follow You
Who You love, I'll love
How You serve, I'll serve
If this life I lose,
I will follow You
I will follow You

Light unto the world
Light unto my life
I will live for You alone

You're the One I seek
Knowing I will find
All I need in You alone
      ~ Chris Tomlin, "I Will Follow" 

No comments :

Post a Comment