(More) Words

God knows who we are. He knows we are finite-minded, faint-hearted, life-crazed. He knows we only understand "ordinary", and He, extraordinary God, works through the ordinary, the simple, the here and now. I love when I actually notice those little things that God uses to work in my heart and life . . . the song on the radio that speaks to me right where I am at a certain time of day on a certain day of the week . . . the Bible verse that pops up in my devos . . . and, yes, even the tweet or Facebook status.

In light of what I have been thinking about a lot lately, I loved this status that a friend posted this morning:
"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
Don't speak without first thinking.

We understand little things, including "little" words; yet, they sometimes are the most powerful: either the most hurtful . . . or the most uplifting.

Do speak life-giving words.

It's a lot easier said than done . . . no pun intended. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment