South

In three days, on Friday, my family and I are leaving for a week-long family vacation over spring break. We're going to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. This is definitely one of the perks of having a father who is an M.D. and attends professional conferences. :) I am extremely excited . . . more so than I usually am, so it would seem. Admittedly, this is the first time I can remember going somewhere for spring break, and it's going to be warm. But I am especially looking forward to a break, a change of pace, a chance to relax . . . and, of course, to go to the beach.
 
I want to lie in the hot sun and feel it soaking into my bones, hear the waves pounding onto the sand over and over and over. I want to see sunrises and sunsets.

I want to go running in the cool early morning and go on walks on the beach with God. I want to go on a long bike ride around the island.

I want to (finally) finish reading "Mere Christianity" and read three other books, including "Love Wins" (a highly controversial book by Rob Bell that has been in the news recently). I want to blog every day.

I want to play Euchre. I want to listen to music . . . artists like Fernando Ortega and Chris Rice: songs of my childhood. I want to do some homework and studying, if only to relieve the guilt of knowing I should.

I want to sit on the beach, silent, and do nothing but stare at the ocean and meditate on God's creativity and glory.

The one thing I don't have to worry about doing? Thinking. I know I will think . . . a lot. I want to think positively. I want to think critically and wisely. I want to think in accordance with God's will. And that is one of the most important "wants" of all, especially if it doesn't end with the end of a seven-day vacation.
"I delight to do Your will, O my God, And Your law is within my heart."
      ~ Psalm 40:8

No comments :

Post a Comment