Inexhaustible

I have been thinking a lot about Heaven lately, since Bible study last Wednesday. It’s not so much new information as it is a new distinction that I honestly had never realized until last week. It has definitely changed, in a good way, my perspective on eternity.

We were on the subject of God and His “inexhaustibility”, as our pastor said, and he was talking about how we will never, ever know everything about God . . . that we will be learning about and getting to know Him more for eternity.

Wait.

But when we get to Heaven, we’ll be perfect, right?

For a few minutes I was confused. And then it dawned on me: perfection ≠ omniscience. I had never considered that distinction before, and I’m not sure why. It’s not complicated. Yes, we will be perfect in Heaven; no, we will not somehow be mini-Gods, if you will, with complete knowledge. We will still be people, and God will still be God . . . inexhaustible. As we seek Him in this life, we will seek Him in Heaven (but without the battle against sin and our flesh!).

In light of this, I am intrigued by something else our pastor mentioned called the “inverse universe”, which generally is the theory that the more you learn about the universe, the more you realize you have yet to learn. And it is exactly like this with God: the more we learn about Him, the more we realize He is far greater than we can ever comprehend!

Imagine the inverse universe theory in relation to God in terms of eternity!

I am so excited to learn about Jesus . . . forever . . .
Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
~ Psalm 73:25

No comments :

Post a Comment