Enough

I have been thinking a lot lately about what it really means to be a follower of Christ, and the difference between the American definition of Christianity and that of the persecuted church. This has been going through my mind since Passion . . . and I'm not sure if I've gotten anywhere. But I do know that the Americanized version of Christianity is not the same kind of passionate, radical faith of Christians whose lives are at stake for what they believe.

In a country like China, if you don't really believe it, you're not going to risk your life to say you follow Christ.

Conversely, in America, we can so easily fall into comfortably living a "Christian spin on the American Dream", as David Platt says.

Today I read this quote on Facebook, posted by Lecrae, coincidentally (who was at Passion). It was so simple, yet so profound:
"You don't realize Jesus is all you need until Jesus is all you have."
~ Tim Keller
With money in the bank, food in the pantry, and even separation of church and state, will Jesus ever be the only thing we need, or the one thing we have?

Do we believe He is enough for us?

Can we live as if He is, even in America?

No comments :

Post a Comment