Roadmates

Come, share the road with Me, My own,
Through good and evil weather;
Two better speed than one alone,
So let us go together.

Come, share the road with Me, My own,
You know I'll never fail you,
And doubts and fears of the unknown
Shall never more assail you.

Come, share the road with Me, My own,
I'll share your joys and sorrows.
And hand in hand we'll seek the throne
And God's great glad tomorrows.

Come, share the road with Me, My own,
And where the black clouds gather,
I'll share thy load with thee, My son,
And we'll press on together.

And as we go, we'll share also
With all who travel on it.
For all who share the road with Me
Must share with all upon it.

So make we--all one company,
Love's golden cord our tether,
And, come what may, we'll climb the way
Together--aye, together!

~John Oxenham

No comments :

Post a Comment