Solace

One thing I enjoy about long, vacation car rides is having ample time to listen to music. I have been enjoying listening to Nouveaux (Biography, Facebook group), a really neat Christian band that my uncle was in (in the 90s). I love their style, especially on their second ('96) album, And This Is How I Feel. Their lyrics are some of the best I've heard, and that is my honest opinion, though my overall rating of Nouveaux may be just slightly biased :).

This is one of my favorites:
A quiet place, far away, in the center of my heart,
Sheltered by the solitude, like my daddy's arms.
Seeking and knowing I will find.
Resting these weary eyes.
Leaving my deepest fears behind, under the endless sky,
I life my heart up high, and

Father, You breathe, and I hear You whispering,
And Your mercy covers me.
Father, You breathe, and Your presence fills the air,
And I find my solace there.

Here is where peace abides, with all that I desire.
You lay me down in luscious green, to rest when I am tired.
Savior, You meet me where I am.
Here on earthen floor.
Dying, You gave me life again, emptied of all but love,
And that would've been enough, but

Father, You breathe, and I hear You whispering,
And Your mercy covers me.
Father, You breathe, and Your presence fills the air,
And I find my solace there.
      ~ Nouveaux, "You Breathe"

No comments :

Post a Comment