Life

I am so humbled by and very thankful for the incredible love of Christ.

He came as a father to the fatherless, a husband to the widow, a shepherd to the shepherdless. He came as a savior to the lost. For me. For you. For the world.

I was dead in sin, and now I am alive in Christ.

He is my Provider, my Protector, my Guide, my Healer. He is my Peace, my Comfort, my Hope.

And His love for me means so much more than the location of my eternity . . . sometime in the future. His love means an abundant life, divine quality of life now . . . in the present.

In church this morning, Pastor's sermon was about our response to poverty. It was a poignant reminder of the blessings and freedoms we, as Americans, enjoy. I am so thankful for everything God has given me and for what I have not had to endure or worry over because of the country in which I was born, and, more so, the love of God. This is not to say that I have not had sadness, pain, and trials, or that we should evaluate God's love for us based on where we live or with what we have been blessed. But, living in the U.S., we have much to be thankful for, and we should neither take it all for granted, nor be haughty or stingy.

Still, the worst poverty anyone, anywhere, can be in is to be living without a right relationship with God - this is the deepest need of every person. Through Christ's death and resurrection, every person has the ability to be made right with (and perfect in the eyes of) the Father, and to have both an abundant life today, for our short time on earth, and the hope of eternal life (and an "inheritance that does not perish, spoil, or fade"!) when Jesus comes again.

God's love is amazing!

His LIFE for us - now and in eternity - is full of peace, joy, and blessings.

You won't want to miss it.

No comments :

Post a Comment