LifeWalk

Alpha Family Center is our local non-profit crisis pregnancy and family resource center. Alpha is a wonderful ministry in the community, and Calvary partners with the center, both financially and by promoting different fundraising events throughout the year, including Alpha's annual LifeWalk. . .this year's on Saturday, June 19 at 9am.

I have been involved in LifeWalk in the past, but this year Alpha offered a new aspect to the event: a 9K (relating to the nine months of pregnancy) run, which I participated in. It was neat to complete my first "official" race in support of such a worthy cause. The run itself went fairly well for me, and I finished in 57:... minutes (the seconds eluded me, when they were yelled off as I crossed the finish line, and I didn't think to ask later).

According to the tentative statistics announced following the walk and run, about 140 people participated and raised over $7000 to support Alpha's ministry.

From personal connections, I know this was less than the amount of money hoped for, but what was raised was received thankfully and with the knowledge that God will continue to provide.

No comments :

Post a Comment